When you build with us, you enjoy the same insurance and warranties as you would with any traditional construction project.
In Alberta, new homes are covered in a phased manner for different parts of the home:
Prior to Construction AVANTE Developments will provide the same Insurance and protection that is required by law, as we are currently working to integrate our products to the program, here is what you need to know, new homes are protected in the following ways
1 YEAR – LABOUR & MATERIALS
Issues with the way your home was built or the materials it was built with, such as flooring and trim.
2 YEARS – DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS
Defects in labour and materials related to heating, plumbing and electrical systems.)
5 YEARS – BUILDING ENVELOPE
The exterior shell of the home, including the roof and walls. Two additional years of coverage will also be available.
10 YEARS – STRUCTURE
Key structural components of your home, including its frame and foundation.
For more information on insurance and warranty programs visit;
Once your home is design, we would seek to incorporate your new home to the most suitable provider.
Warranty Providers in alberta
In Alberta, there are currently seven warranty providers that builders may partner with for your coverage:
- Blanket Home Warranty Ltd. - WBI Home Warranty Ltd. / Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada (RSA)
- Millennium Insurance Corporation
- National Home Warranty Group Inc. - Aviva Canada Inc.
- Progressive Home Warranty Solutions Inc. - Aviva Canada Inc.
- Progressive Home Warranty Solutions Inc. - Echelon Insurance
- The Alberta New Home Warranty Program
- Travelers Insurance Company of Canada
- WBI Home Warranty Ltd. - Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada (RSA)